2.23.2006

Stub: First steps as an interpreter

Recently I've been thinking a lot about interpreting. I don't have enough time to write a full post today, but I just wanted to dash off a list of topics to fill out later.

  • My recent volunteer interpreting at the Disaster Reduction and Human Renovation Institution (人と防災未来センター) in Kobe
  • My forthcoming volunteer interpreting for the Kyoto Prefectural International Center's "文化紹介デー" this Sunday.
  • My first attempt at interpreting at my former host company, Mitsuba
  • Whether NHK English news is being interpreted simultaneously, or whether a pre-prepared translation is simply being read.
  • How it is possible for anybody to attempt simultaneous translation between English and Japanese and actually transmit over 80% of the original information
  • Pros and cons of becoming a professional interpreter
I will try to modify this post sometime next week when I have some free time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home