2.23.2006

Stub: Homeless Linguist

Recently I talked with my friend Tetsuo about a really strange, interesting encounter I had with a homeless man who spoke flawless English, authored and edited the world's first Japanese-English collocation. Tetsuo was really interested about this story, but I had misplaced the man's name and the name of his book. I just spent the last two hours searching for it, and I think I finally found it. I will add to this post later, because it's a really interesting story, but for now I will just post the man's name and the title of his book.
  • Title: 和英口語英語表現辞典 (Japanese-English Spoken English Expression Dictionary)
  • Author: 後藤 正次 (Shoji GOTOU)
  • Link to ISBN data on the Japanese National Diet Library website
  • Link to the book on Yahoo! Books Japan
Boy, does it feel good to rediscover some long-lost bit of information that you feared would never be found!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home